The WNY-DIGITAL Network has XLX Reflector clusters for ham use. The reflectors currently have multi-mode trans-coding enabled, meaning it can be accessed via Icom G3 Terminal Client, D-Star, DMR, P25 and System Fusion where all modes can talk together. The idea of the reflector is to be a single place for all local hams to connect and stay in contact with friends and family no matter the digital mode. All HAM’s are welcome to use the system. Here are the multiple ways to connect remotely:
- D-Star: XRF891C, DCS891C, REF891C
- Pi-Star: ‘XLX Master:’ XLX_891 C
- Icom G3 Terminal Server (supports RS-MS3A Android app and IC-705/IC-9700 direct connections)
- P25 Reflector: TG31044 p25.wny-digital.network (pi-star)
** If you are connecting with PI-STAR please always ensure you have the latest host file updates before connecting! **
- DO NOT QUICK KEY. Wait about 2 seconds after PTT and between transmissions when talking between modes.
- Quick keying can lead to your mode not being picked up by the other modes.
- Allow an even longer time during round table discussions when crossing modes.
- Announce what mode you are coming in on.
- For example: “This is N2CID on DMR, monitoring”
- OR “N2CID this is KB2FMD on D-Star”
- Don’t be afraid to say hello to unfamiliar voices/call-signs.
Did you know?
You can also connect in to the N2CID Digital Network with just an Android cell phone or tablet! Using this great simple app you can connect in from anywhere in the world and make QSO’s while on the go!. For quick setup without having to setup a vocoder just select P25 and 31044 in the drop downs. Then type in TG 31044 and hit connect.
How to connect to the WNY-DIGITAL Network using Pi-star:
(Search for WNY-DIGITAL (HB_US_WNY-DIGITAL_network or FreeDMR_NewYork) in pi-star drop-down)
Vocoder links if needed:
Connecting to our Yaesu Fusion Wires-X Rooms
We should be in the reflector registry as YSF Reflector 48010 but if not you can also add our system to your hosts file in most cases (pi-star: /usr/local/etc/YSFHosts.txt) Your entry should look like this…
The default wires-x room you will be placed in is “C” which is our group room. You can also use Wires-X and select other rooms.
Once added just restart your pi-star and select from the drop downs.
There is no need to register your call-sign on D-Star to use this reflector like you would to access REF reflectors. XLX reflectors work without checking a trust server. So do not worry if you are a D-Star user and have never gone through a call-sign registration process. You can still use this reflector!
The reflector has a real-time web dashboard to see other nodes and users connected and to what modules or rooms they are connected to.
How to connect to the reflector on your D-Star Radio:
Because the advanced XLX protocol is not available in DR mode radios, like REF, you will have to use the “UR” field to link manually. Trans-coding occurs on the C module of the reflector and will need to be connected through a hot-spot or pi-star enabled repeater. Icom based gateways do not support connecting to XLX reflectors. For example: G1, G2, G3
- Kerchunk XRF891CL in the UR field while connected to a hot-spot or repeater.
- Switch to “Use Reflector” in DR mode radio and start talking.
- Optionally you can use the traditional method on the radio and use REF891C
How to connect via DMR directly using the OpenSpot:
You can connect to this reflector directly from the SharkRF OpenSpot. Your connection will be direct to the reflector, bypassing any other networks all together.
In the OpenSpot
- Set the Modem to DMR (for crossmode)
- Go to the “Connectors” Tab:
- Edit Connector: “HomeBrew/MMDVM“
- Then under “DMR/HOMEBREW/MMDVM“
- Choose “Protocol“: MMDVM
- Choose “Server“: XLX891 (xlx891.wny-digital.network)
Icom G3 Terminal Mode:
Gateway Repeater: xlx891.wny-digital.network
Terminal AP Callsign: YOURCALL <space> identifier (ie: KB2XYZ B) (shorter callsigns require 2 spaces!)
Gateway Type: Global
UDP Hole Punch: ON
Allowed Callsign: Disable
How to access our P25 reflector with pi-star:
In pi-star under P25 network settings you can select 31044 p25.wny-digital.network in the drop-down list of P25 reflectors. This will connect you to our P25 reflector.